Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Just checkin in...

lest anyone think that I'm actually in Cabo on the beach with an umbrella drink, here's an update on the work...

On Monday a lady, Merry, came to interview and take the exam for the English teaching position. Unfortunately she did not pass the exam and should probably be a student in the second level school rather than teaching with us. There are two other possibilities that we know of for teachers but we are getting rather desperate as we have student interviews this coming Monday. If I don't have another teacher committed I have been warned against taking more than 4 students. I really think the school is meant to be 8 or 9 so I need at least one more teacher.... so, you're invited! (I'm only half way joking there, I've asked God if there is someone that I know that could come and teach so if you're interested....)

Regina and I are working 8 days a week to get all the material off of her computer and into hard copies so that when it comes time for her to leave I will have everything I need for the school. Right now there are some obstacles to her leaving. While it would be great by me if she stuck around til say, June, she has been apart from her husband and son for months already and they want her back! Please pray that it would all work out.

And in a goat update, last night for dinner we had ugali and soup with "regular"-aka NOT intestine- goat meat in it. Actually, quite tasty! Well gotta run, I'll try to remember an interesting story for friday. One of the downfalls of not having a computer right now is that Before, I would write all week long, and then post it when I got to the internet cafe. Now I have to scramble to remember clever and entertaining tidbits with the pressure of the clock counting down at the top of the screen, I can practically hear the jeopardy theme song in my head.....I know, I'm a trooper....
:)

Thanks for all the comments, you guys are the best!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ashley,

Got your blog info from you Dad yesterday. Kathy and the boys and Gramma and I saw him during lunch. It sounds like you have been blessed with quite an adventure. There is no question that you have the talent and the strength to move people and mountains if necessary. I will truly look forward to keeping up with your new life experiences. Our prayers are always with you. May you continue to be a shining star in your new work. I am sure you will come home with lots of wonderful new friends and memories and stories to tell.
Trust that the Lord will keep you safe and bless you with all that you need to continue in His Glorious Mission for you.
Always in our prayers, we love you so much.

Aunt Ilene

Angela said...

You have no idea how you torture me. I'm nearly jumping up and down in my chair screaming "send me Lord, send me" I would LOVE to be the other teacher!!! Doesn't that figure? Considering I'm one of the least likely to be able to go. ;)

You've GOT to share a post about how you squeeze in an extra day in the week. I could totally use that 8th day since I can't seem to do it all in 7!

Can't wait to read what happens next....

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley,

Hope all is well with you and your preparations for your first day of school are on track. I went to Mexico yesterday with Rick Motz and Richard Soikkeli to explore some new opportunities to support Mexican Ministries. I am not sure if you know, but we will not be supporting Casa de Paz after the end of January, which breaks my heart. We are optimistic about the conversations we are having and I know God will open new doors for us. Be well and you continue to be in our prayer and God Bless.

P.S. - Tell Ronnie not to make fun of me I am senitive. :-)