Thursday, December 6, 2007

Five days left...The countdown begins.

So here's the first blog! It's still a little scrappy but a girls gotta start somewhere. I'll try to get photos and interesting things up here as soon as I can.

But why?!?!? The purpose of this blog is twofold-partly selfish and partly not. First, I'm hoping that perhaps this will help me to be better at journaling and keeping a record of what God and I are going to do for the next six months at least. I've never been too good at doing this with any sort of regularity but when Jesus invites you on a journey, you don't want to forget a thing! Second, I am so unbelievably blessed to have the support of SO many people (*dance break* while I mention for the first and certainly not the last time how instrumental you all are who have promised to support me either financially or in prayer. This would be impossible but for you.) and I want to make sure you get your due! Hopefully this blog will be a place where you can check in and see exactly what it is you have committed your heart and checkbook to.

I've been shot up with just about every vaccine you can imagine. This is a pretty big deal for me as I don't really like medicine and the idea of dumping all that extra stuff into my body kinda creeps me out. Regardless, I've done it and am now safe from pretty much everything but Rabies. I could still get rabies. But really $600 for one shot in the arm? I think I'll just stay away from dogs. At least the ones foaming at the mouth...

Right now, I am just about 5 days away from take-off. I get to spend this last Sunday with my amazing friends and family at Vantage Point church and the rest of my days are filled with lunches and dinners and coffee dates and fun with people I love. I'm so lucky! I'm watching the money come together, letting my mom take me shopping, trying to find the right travel insurance, and feeling like there is so much more I ought to be doing all the time, but all this with the overwhelming sense that God had this idea before I did so I just get to trust Him and go along for the ride. More than ever before I know that those aren't just words but that it really is possible to walk in that kind of peace. He is so cool!

2 comments:

SomethingElse said...

you are an amazing women of GOd! I looove you ashley rose!!:)
Ill be praying for you!!! BRING IT ON!
Love Else

The Seeing Place said...

God bless you Ashley! It's odd, but it makes so much sense that you are going. It just fits. I will miss you and think about you non-stop until you come back. This will be amazing. This is amazing. You are amazing!
-Allison.