Tuesday, December 11, 2007

9 hours to go...

and I'm done packing!!! WELL... almost. These last few days have been amazing and I don't have a lot of time right now (sleeping tonight is still a goal) but I just wanted to pop in and tell about how GREAT God is. Three days ago I was planning to get on a plane with less than half of the money I need for this trip accounted for. I am so lucky to have been through this kind of situation before so I have learned how to trust Him to provide for all that...and down to the wire here! BUT as of last night with all the gifts I have received and commitments for future support, I am actually a little bit OVER my budget (lovingly spreadsheeted by the fabulous KP) which basically means I'll be able to get back to the US eventually! I don't have a return ticket yet and that extra will cover it! He NEVER fails! Ok....gotta wrap this up... miles to go before I sleep... can't wait to get there! I'll get some photos posted as soon as possible and I'll check in once I've arrived...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, even though I suck at being a friend sometimes, I still love you MUCHO MUCHO MUCHO!!! And I am crazy excited for you. That starfish story is perfect Ash. That's what you do. You are invested in relationships, in people, in their dreams, hopes, souls, hearts. And I pray and wish the very very best for you. I know you have been so good to me and I'm a little jealous of the people who you are going to be with.
So, I suppose that just means I'll have to come visit you in LA once you get back. Ya?
I love you friend! Be safe but live daringly...I have no doubt you will.
All the best,
Dave

Nancy said...

May I just say that I have the most awesome daughter EVER! Africa is one lucky place right now and I am the luckiest mom. Love you more Ashley! Safe travels.God's speed
Mom

The Seeing Place said...

I'm sad because I miss you already, I'm happy because what you are doing is so amazing. Have a safe trip and enjoy every moment!
I love you Ashley!
-Allison.

Anonymous said...

Hey Luv! WISH YOU ALL THE BEST! SAFE AND HAPPY MISSION! =DD May God do wonders with you!!!! =) I miss you lotsssssss, and lotss more =\ LOVE YA!

SomethingElse said...

Girl! You there ye?!!! I must admit I am a litle jaloes! But I will make myself go over there, allready saw the cheap tickets for Tanzania here in the travelshops!!! I will I will!
Cant wait for your next blog! Love you and miss you an Im praying for you!!!
Else.
ps. your mom is right!!!!! You are awesome and amazing!

Anonymous said...

Hello from a member of your NY family! :)

I can't wait to hear of your wonderful adventures in Africa! I know you are going to do a lot of good there. We miss you a lot at the costume shop and always.

Be well, safe, and Merry Christmas.

We're proud of you.

~Kathryn

Anonymous said...

Remembering that morning when you were "almost packed" leaving New York.... a woman after my own heart.... for me almost packed really means- I really gotta start packing lol