Monday, January 19, 2009

The snow is falling outside, the temperature has warmed up a little-to 30°F- but I'm cozy inside Postmark, my new favorite cafe in my new neighborhood! I wake up every morning amazed again that I get to live here. Everything is so good! Incredible roommates! Soon-to-be-gorgeous apartment! Rooftop access! View of downtown! Perfect location! Now I just have to find a way to pay for it...

we're working on doing up the apartment as often as we can afford it but I'll try to get some photos or video up soon.

One great thing is that I visited a new church! yesterday. I've been in a bit of a struggle lately about where I'm going to go. It's been so long since I have been actively involved in a church. It's kind of strange actually. I'm not 100% yet but I did really like this place and could see myself finding a home there. It also doesn't hurt that it's just a block away!

The wife of the pastor was preaching and she was talking about Esther and how the bible says she was in that place and time "for such a time as this" to save the Jewish people from destruction. It was a challenge then about why are we in this place and time. Why am I alive and here in this moment? I know the general reasons, love God, love people. but what are the specifics? She reminded us that just the fact that we are here means that we are wealthier than 80% of the planet. I can get so focused on how "poor" I am! And while I may not have any extra money right now, I still have so much. I have to stop looking at what I don't have and see instead what I DO have and how I can use it. Like Israel, I have been blessed to be a blessing. (I'm thinking maybe we both need a little more understanding about the second part) Anything I have has been given to me so that others can benefit from it as well. Just a little bit of what I'm thinking about these days......

1 comment:

Traci said...

Thanks for sharing, Ashley! I just read Esther again and I was struck by that too. It had to have been intimidating and difficult for Esther but God was with her...