Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Pumpkin Carving Party!!!


Fall in New York City!!!
It's one of the best times to be in one of the best places to be... especially when you have awesome friends like Janet organising all sorts of festive events! Check out her blog, Brooklyn Living (link on the side) for more-- and

undoubtedly better-- pics! A few of us got together last night at their apartment for tacos, pumpkin carving and German apple crumble prepared by an actual German (pictured above tearfully murdering a pumpkin...it was her first time!)




Bini, Sharon, Janet, Me
and pumpkins

And as if that weren't enough, Bini and I walked home together and had a big super-good long chat about all kinds of stuff.... God, friends, prayer, New York, the kind of good conversation that both of us have really been missing lately. It's so cool how God drops people into your life! I don't think I've mentioned how I know her actually. Bini was on my DTS (that school I did in England about 5 years ago) We lived in different rooms and our different responsibilities kept us from really spending much time together but she was one of the people that I really regretted not getting to know so when she emailed a few months ago saying that she and her husband were moving here, I was so excited! They ended up staying with me for a couple of weeks and we spent that time finding that friendship that we missed in England. And last night, we got the idea to get together once a week or so in the morning (ok.... early afternoon...) to pray and be with God together.... something I have been craving like crazy! So we start tomorrow!!!!! I'm so thankful that out of that experience we get this one! God has the best ideas!

1 comment:

Jweaver said...

I had so much fun with you girls!
Oh, and Rachel said that she has been reading your blog and feels like you guys really would be great friends.. too bad she doesn't live here too :)