Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I know, I know, I said I'd be better...

but I've had a couple crazy weeks to fill you in on! I'll just go with some of the highlights....

A few weeks ago, my friend roger sent me the greatest text message of my life.... it was something along the lines of "we have an extra ticket to the New Kids on the Block concert on tuesday." So... to New Jersey we went!!! We were looking down our noses a little at all the people-sorry all the girls- on the train with us until Roger of all people reminded us that we were in fact just like them...we got there and settled in to wait... after the fabulous Natasha Bedingfield finished her set, the energy in the room was buzzing.... we knew what was coming next! As the lights went down and the screens started flashing, suddently the 10 year old girl in us all came screaming out our mouths... we danced and sang our way through the next couple hours, and after three encores, we all agreed that we would have happily stayed through the whole thing all over again... As shannon said "This is historic. I mean, some people have seen segregated drinking fountains and the possiblity of a black president in their lifetime. We have seen New Kids on the Block. Twice." It was maybe the most fun I have EVER had! And yes, that is Joey McIntyre on a piano...
A few days later I went to one of the last games to ever be played at Shea stadium (and the last game the mets were going to win this season..) and officially overcame my fear that I was in fact bad luck when they won awesomely at the very last second. I was sick and it was freezing but it was still so much fun! I'm not the hugest baseball fan or anything but I guess it's kinda cool that I've been to both a Yankees and Mets game this year when it's the last time they'll be playing in those stadiums.... i guess.... maybe when I'm old I'll think it's cool....

1 comment:

Traci said...

I can't believe you went to their concert! SO fun! :-)
Hope you're doing well!!