Sunday, May 4, 2008

Fifty fifty

Tanzanians LOVE this phrase.... How are you feeling? fifty fifty.  How was town? fifty fifty.  This week I am "fifty fifty."  Things have picked up a bit from last week.  Yesterday was Bev's birthday so we celebrated by going to a hotel in town!  For 3000 shillings (about$2.50) you can go and swim in the pool!  We took Bebe with us (who doesn't know how to swim) and apart from one tiny near drowning--mine AND Bebe's--we had a GREAT time!  It was a real blessing for me as school this week was a little tough.  I'm getting a LOT of blank stares these days and I'm having to go back and re-teach things from three and four weeks ago.  It's really frustrating at times.  I just want them to understand and I don't know how to make it stick!

As usual, here I am in the internet cafe utterly unable to recall all the funny and interesting things that have happened to me this week so I think I'll wrap this one up... this week I'll have to write something everyday so that I'll have good stuff for next time... 

No comments: