Saturday, April 12, 2008

Brrrrr......


would you believe it?  I'm in Africa and I'm cold!  I mean, we're not talking a New York winter or anything but we've come into the long rainy season.  Being so close to the equator, there's not really spring, summer, fall, and winter like I'm used to.... basically it's just always hot.  But during April the temperatures here drop quite a bit in the evening and it's raining--or threatening to--pretty much all the time.  It's actually kind of nice because it means I can have a rainwater shower most days and still have fresh water to wash my clothes with.  

Well, we said goodbye to Regina last week.  She was finally able to go back to the states to be with her family.  She's been

 away from her husband for over 5 months!  I'm sad that she is gone but I am so happy for them that they will get to be together

 again.  I was really proud actually.  At her little goodbye party, Kanuti, one of the english students, spoke on behalf of the class--in english!--to thank her for her time and work here and everything and he was SO GOOD!  Oh finally! Here's a picture of the class!                                                   


And will I ever learn?  I've needed a haircut for about a month now and I just decided to give it a go and cut it myself....not wise. Luckily, hair grows and I'm in Tanzania.

No comments: